torsdag 26 maj 2016

Remake: Islandic sweater finished

Just in time for summer I have finished the remake of my husband’s islandic sweater! Well, well, we will have some cold summer evenings, and then this will come in handy.

The original sweater looked like this:

 
 

It was a hand knitted sweater that my husband got from his parents when they were on a holiday trip to Island 20 years ago. Unfortunately, the sweater was too big, so my husband never wore it.

I thought it was a shame! So, I decided to unravel it and remake it in a more fitting size.
I had to be really careful when I unraveled it, it was easy to break the yarn.

 

I was not sure that the original pattern would work in a smaller size, so I used the pattern "Stryta" from this book, Islandsk Strik.



 

I’m really pleased with how it turned out, and now it fits beautifully!

 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar