tisdag 21 juni 2016

Sewing for kids: Ottobre Dandy boy

Last Sunday we went to Brösarp and attendet the opening for the season for Skånska Järnvägar! It’s a society that keeps the history alive by working on and driving old steam trains. The theme for the opening day was "the 50’s". The boys have been anticipating this day, and they ordered "steam train driver clothes". They had waistcoats and shirts since before, but they needed pants.
 
Locomotive 1183, photo by Jonas Andreasson
 

 

I found the pattern Dandy Boy in Ottobre Design 6/2014, and it turned out really well.

 

I used my new coverstitch machine to sew the belt loops. I made a three layer strip, took away the middle needle and stitched it in place. I was a bit tired that night, and did not change the looper thread.

 

I also made it easy for me when I attached the waistbands, folded in half, stitched in place, put the elastics in, closed the seam, trimmed and overlocked the edges, topstitched in place.

 

I have to admit that it has taken some time to finish these trousers! Mostly, because I realized that it was not a great idea to make trousers with 20(!) buttons and buttonholes. However, the buttonholes are "fake" and just for show. Eventually it was not the tedious work I feared it would be to finish the buttons.

 

During our outing the boys got a lot of praise for their clothes!

 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar