söndag 16 november 2014

Mittens for the husband

After my incident with the felted mittens that turned out too small:


I decided to make another pair for my husband. I have not made anything for him before, he's quite picky, but I think a pair of felted wool mittens will come in handy when the snow starts to fall.

I did have a back-up plan: Since "my" mittens now fit my 3-year old, I figured that if my husband's mittens turn out too small as well, they will fit me!

I made the mittens huge, and run out of yarn during the process.




After an hour in the washing machine on 40 degrees Celsius, they looked like this:


The mittens shrunk a bit differently, but that could be fixed. I could also tell where I ran out of yarn, because the new yarn shrank more.

However, the end result was good:


I will do some wool embroidery too, but I was quite eager to share the result so far.





2 kommentarer: