onsdag 17 september 2014

Doing laundry

When I made the tee with the construction machines for A, I chose to make the sleeves white and the back black. I was so taken in with the design so I wanted to highlight the design features. A wore his new tee for his third birthday party. Afterwards it looked like this:




Since I reused the fabrics for the sleeves and back, I figured that any excess color would have been washed away. But, I did not dare to just throw it in the laundry machine and hope for the best!
So I tried Color Catchers, a sheet that catches loose dyes in the wash water and prevents the dye from bleeding onto other clothes.


It worked fine!:

 



Maybe I’m behind the times up here in the north, but when I googled color catchers I found that you can actually MAKE YOUR OWN. It appears to be both SIMPLE and CHEAP. There is a lot of web sites and blogs showing how to do the sheets yourself, just search “DIY color catchers”.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar