måndag 29 september 2014

Play clothes

This week-end I made some play clothes for the elder son. I haven’t made anything for the little guy lately, but he really has a lot of clothes. He is not interested in clothes either, but soon enough he will notice that his brother is getting fun clothes and then I will have to make clothes in multiple.


 
The tee is Biscuit from Tamanegi-kobo. The front and back are made from a photo print cotton jersey fabric, and the fabric for the sleeves is a really soft jersey from my stash. I made the first Biscuit tee a month ago, and it’s already time to adjust the pattern, to both lengthen the sleeves and the body!

The trousers are Kickin’ back sweats from the book Sewing for boys. I made the size 2/3 in with and 4/5 in length. Because the trousers are ment to worn at home I thought that I’d just cut the leg of at right length and leave it at that. But, the legs were very long, so I ended up folding the hems 5 cm and stitching them in place with a twin needle. Now, I can adjust the length as he grows.

Even though I made the trousers in sinze 2/3 the trousers are really wide! I have already cut and stitched another pair, but if I use this pattern again, I will certainly adjust the width.

 Excuse the wrinkles; I just have my sleeve ironing board at hand!
 

 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar