måndag 22 september 2014

Tiger tee


We’ve had a wonderful autum so far, but it is getting colder every day now. While my little guy (1 year) is having lots of clothes his elder brother (3 years) is running short of almost everything!

I’m very pleased with the fit of the Biscuit tee (Tamanegi-kobo), so I don’t bother to test any other tee patterns for now. I have precious little time to sew so here is my next version, the Tiger tee!
 


 
The sewing went really well until I was stitching on the neckband. Suddenly I was stitching with too much seam allowance. Sigh! I figured that I would just go over the seam allowance with my overlock machine, but my overlock machine didn’t do a good job on the thick rib knit. In the end I topstitched the seam allowance and cut it close to the stitches.

As I mentioned before, the sewing went well up to that last point! I want to show how I get over the bulky seam allowances when stitching the side and arm seams.
I use a gadget for stitching buttons to lift the presser foot when going over the joint seams.

 
 
 
 
 

I use a stretch straight stitch on my sewing machine to stitch the tee together, and then I trim the seam allowances with my overlock machine. I’m not confident enough to simply sew the tee together using the overlock machine.
 

 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar